Sha'slar Autonomous Zone
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Officially a military junta. In practice, each settlement is mostly autonomous, except for international issues. Most are democracies.
- Sha'slar itself is under military control, but the Lai General holds (rarely-exercised) veto authority, not primary legislative/administrative control. A council of isal, lai, and priests does most of the work.
- Fang-kin humans (45%)
- Fang-kin half-elves (45%)
- Ophidians (2%)
- Halflings (2%)
- Kobolds (1%)
- Caste system has almost entirely been abolished; only token labels remain.
- Industrious and open.
- forest products, dyes, spices. Steelsilk. Trade with northern nations flows through here.
- Worked goods, grains.
- Considered backward and poor by others, but generally respected.